N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983

I am trying to determine what a report of commercial rating

Customer Question

I am trying to determine what a report of commercial rating concern is and how I might obtain one. I am just starting the process. I am an American citizen who has been working for the past 19 years in Indonesia. My wife is an Indonesian National. I want to get her an immigrant visa.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am currently in Indonesia now. I tried to get my wife a non-immigrant visa so that she could visit America immediately. Then we planned to start the process for an immigrant visa. She was denied the non-immigrant visa, not sure why, no one will give me any answers. My question is, does this denial automatically disqualify her for the immigrant visa?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Must I be in the USA in order to sponsor her immigrant visa? I do have a permanent address in Pineville, Missouri.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question. You do not have to be in the US, but you would have to file a form I-130, see

Denial of a non-immigrant visa does not change her eligibility for an immigrant visa as the spouse of a citizen.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What is a Report of Rating Concern? Is this a business projection? How do I obtain one?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, that does not my question. If you look at my entire line of questions you will see the very first and the very last question is "What is a Report of Rating Concern? How do I obtain one?" Please directly answer this question!

A report of rating concern is like a Dun and Bradstreet rating/report. It is meant to show that you are able to support your spouse if she gets a green card.