Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I want to marry my girlfriend we have been together for a

Customer Question

Hi ,my name is ***** ***** I want to marry my girlfriend we have been together for a year now and she is undocumented. She came with her German passport which had a 3months dead line she did not need a visa to enter the country.September 19th ,2016 will make 5years she is in the country.I would like to know if I can marry her and what processes I should take for her to acquire her documents.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I'm a US Citizen myself
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I haven't I was just researching online first
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Also she have been going to school .she lived in Philadelphia with her uncle and started the process to acquire her documents, unfortunately her uncle cancel the process due to family issues so she transferred down here to Charlotte NC and kept going to school undocumented. Her passport expires the 16th
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi is anybody there?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Once you get married, you file Petition for Alien Relative (form I-130) for her. Once that is approved, you can file Application for Adjustment of Status (form I-485 Green Card Application) for her. On the other hand, you can file both I-130 and I-485 at the same time. Once the I-130 is approved, her immigrant visa becomes available and you can thus file the Green Card application for her.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.