Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

Page 28 Definition of United State Person includes lawful

Customer Question
Page 28 Definition of United State Person includes lawful alein and citizen and excludes illegal immigrants living in the United states or people who are born in the US but lost their citizenship due to prostitution or other crimes. Is this correct ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post.

The page 28 that you cited does not make any mention of people who have lost their citizenship due to prostitution or crime. So, your definition of United States persons is not correct. See 22 U.S.C Section 6010. Also see 22 CFR 120.15.

Persons who lost their citizenship are still persons and residents of United States of America.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.