Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

My cousin she apply for asylum and her boyfriend he is us

Customer Question

hi my cousin she apply for asylum and her boyfriend he is us citizen and she have two kids both r us citizen if she get married his boyfriend she will get greencard
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: she have workpermit from asylum
JA: Has anyone consulted a lawyer yet? If so, what country is the lawyer in?
Customer: usa
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont think
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What was the visa that your cousin used to enter the U.S.? What country is she from? How old was she when she entered the U.S.? When did she enter the U.S.?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If she entered legally with a type of visa that allows Adjustment of Status, then yes, she can get Residency, though she may have to take extra steps if her case was ever in Immigration Court. If she entered the U.S. illegally, then she probably will not be able to get Residency without first leaving the U.S. and getting a waiver approved.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!