Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

How can I appeal an F1 visa revocation?

Customer Question

My F1 visa has been revoked. I was in the grace period after the end of OPT. Is it possible to appeal? I got arrested and received an email from the embassy about a prudential revocation in the half of April. Then charges were dismissed and Saturday, I was trying to go to the Bahamas. I was stopped at the custom. They did not allow me to leave and write revoked on the stamp even if I showed them the certificate of disposition with the dismissal and the messages about a prudential revocation. Now, I need to know how many days do I have to leave.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
You were trying to leave to the Bahamas or you were trying to come back from the Bahamas? Where are you now? What date was your status terminated? Or was it just the end of your program and you were on your 60 day grace period? How much time is left in the grace period?
If you are inside of the U.S., you do not need the visa stamp. The visa stamp is only for entry into the U.S. If you are outside of the U.S., then you will need to apply for a new visa stamp and you should have with you certified copies of both the police report and court disposition when the case closes.