Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

The father of my fiancé daughter 's daughter lives in the

Customer Question

The father of my fiancé daughter 's daughter lives in the Bahamas. He was arrested and convicted of moral turpitude and controlled substances in1999 and left the US violating his parole. He has been denied a return Visa to the US but it turns out his father is an American Citizen. I have a copy of his birth certificate. As an American citizen how can he return to the US legally
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 6 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Is he willing to come back to face the charges? Basically unless he was deported, which should not happen to a US citizen he would need agree to be taken into custody in the State where he was convicted.