How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11400
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I made a loan to a new business, they are making payments to

Customer Question

hello, i made a loan to a new business, they are making payments to me every month, for capital and interest. should i add this extra income as proof of income in my I-864? i am filling for my wife to get her green card
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 7 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

Please give me some time to review your question.

Expert:  Expert James replied 7 months ago.
You can use any lawful income that you can prove you receive. Obviously if you have it on your tax return - you should, as all income needs to be reported on your tax return - that is helpful.But even if it is not, you need to show proof of the interest income somehow. Just saying so will not suffice.I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.Once you have received an answer, please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 3, 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. You can still ask more questions, even after you’ve given a rating.A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.

hi, i have a contract sign by the two parties, would that be enough? we just started this year so, there is no evidence in my last tax return.

Expert:  Expert James replied 7 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. I was offline when you responded. Please note it was more than 3 hours after I sent my answer.

ANSWER: No I do not think that will be enough. You need to show that you are actually getting that money in order for it to count.

Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

Related Immigration Law Questions