Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I made a loan to a new business, they are making payments to

Customer Question

hello, i made a loan to a new business, they are making payments to me every month, for capital and interest. should i add this extra income as proof of income in my I-864? i am filling for my wife to get her green card
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

Please give me some time to review your question.

You can use any lawful income that you can prove you receive. Obviously if you have it on your tax return - you should, as all income needs to be reported on your tax return - that is helpful.But even if it is not, you need to show proof of the interest income somehow. Just saying so will not suffice.I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.Once you have received an answer, please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 3, 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. You can still ask more questions, even after you’ve given a rating.A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

hi, i have a contract sign by the two parties, would that be enough? we just started this year so, there is no evidence in my last tax return.

Sorry for the delay. I was offline when you responded. Please note it was more than 3 hours after I sent my answer.

ANSWER: No I do not think that will be enough. You need to show that you are actually getting that money in order for it to count.

Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!