Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I have got a religious married with my first husband in The

Customer Question

I have got a religious married with my first husband in The camp. Three years later, after living in U. S, I got marry with another man that has the same story as me. Later on we found out that it was illegal, married before receiving a divorce paper. Now that I have received a divorce paper from my first husband, but what should I do with the illegal marriage in US one????? I'm planning on applying for US citizen ship and still waiting for this answer.. Please help!!!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

How did you get U.S. Lawful Permanent Residency?