Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Can I get my card renewed if I have a misdemeanor on my

Customer Question

Can I get my green card renewed if I have a misdemeanor on my record?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What is the misdemeanor? What was the sentence?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What I know misdemeanor is a crime and a sentence is going to jail

A misdemeanor is a crime that has less than 1 year maximum in jail. I need to know what crime it was, like was it assault, was it robbery, was it a DUI, what was it? And what sentence if any?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well, a cops stop me for alcohol open container in my car (dui) with refusal of chemical test

Ok. A simple DUI with no injuries and no damages will not cause you to be deported from the U.S. You can renew your green card, but you should have ready certified copies of the police report and court disposition if they ask for them in the future. You should also carry those certified copies when you travel.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.