Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Have attended multiple seminars involving immigration and family law.

As a card holder with your drivers license revoked for a

Customer Question

As a green card holder with your drivers license revoked for a year with dui. What you be deported?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

By itself, a conviction for a single DUI (driving under the influence) or DWI (driving while intoxicated) does not usually cause immigration problems for green card holders.The revocation again would not be enough to deport you.You just need to make sure you complete your probation terms and stay out of trouble and you should be fine.If you are able to do that you should be able to get your license back and not have any immigration issues here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again and good luck with all.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
And if you are not on probation?
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Then you should be fine here.Having one or more DUIs is not, by itself, on the list of deportability grounds found in the immigration laws. It really depends on the facts of each case, and whether one DUI will make you deportable.Unless you have further legal trouble here or arrests this would not be enough to deport you in my experience.I think you will be fine here as long as you stay out of further trouble.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Thanks again.