Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

My wife and I filed for a card through the CAA. I am cuban,

Customer Question

Hello, my wife and I filed for a green card through the CAA. I am cuban, my wife is non-cuban. My case got approved last week (CU6) but my wife's case is still pending. Is this a normal procedure? Why didnt our cases get approved at the same time? Thanks.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, i have not
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: that's all
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

It is not uncommon. It doesn't mean that anything is wrong. At best, ***** ***** are approved together, but that's best case scenario. What cannot happen is CU7 approved before CU6. So it's either CU6 and CU7 approved together or CU6 approved first and then CU7. Just give it some time. I'm sure everything will be ok. If more than a month goes by without hearing anything, then you can do one of the following:

1) Call the USCIS Customer Service number at 1-***-***-****.

2) Go to and make an appointment to speak in person with an immigration officer to find out the status.

3) If the case is very delayed, you may contact your U.S. Congressmen to get them involved and have their staff push the case along. Here is a helpful link to help you with this:

4) And finally, you could hire an attorney to find out the status and also push the case along. You can try to find one at

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.