Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

I'm a nonimmigrent i am hiv positive and my home country

Customer Question

I'm a nonimmigrent i am hiv positive and my home country done have the treatment so i want to plead with immigration to please grent me some status to stay and continue my treatment and also be able to work my name is fatu
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

HIV is no longer a ground for medical inadmissibility for immigration into the United States. See: https://www.uscis.gov/archive/archive-news/human-immunodeficiency-virus-hiv-infection-removed-cdc-list-communicable-diseases-public-health-significance.

So you can apply for immigration to the US and seek a visa if you choose to do so. You would need to apply for an immigration visa through the regular process and you can argue humanitarian reasons for being granted status based on proper medical care not being available in your home country.