Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

I have been on work h1b visa since 2013. I applied for card

Customer Question

Hello, I have been on work h1b visa since 2013. I applied for green card through my spouse. His immigration petition for EB1A Green Card was recently denied. He did not received green card and I didn't either as I applied through him.I haven't used my EAD card and stayed with the same company (petitioner for my h1b). My visa stamp in the passport to entry to the U.S. expired last year.
I want to take a 7 day cruise to Mexico. I would like to know if there is any risk for me to travel and then re-enter United States as I don't have visa stamp in the passport. I know there is something called automatic revalidation of visas for travelers like me to Mexico and Canada. Please let me know what risks I will be taking if any. Thank you!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

As long as you remain outside the US for less than 30 days then you should be fine to return. You must also make sure that you have a valid I-94 when you return.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for answer but what are you basing your opinion on? Have you had clients that you advised and they did travel with no issues? If so how many and how recently?