Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I need a clarification on Job transfer in 6th year of H1b, I

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I need a clarification on Job transfer in 6th year of H1b, I utilized 2.5 years on previous L1B and another on current H1B
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: so it makes total 5 years in US
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have i140 approved with my current Employer A i want to change job to Employer B
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Ok, so you want to change from A to B. What are your questions?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

You can recapture any time you spent outside of the U.S. during the previous 6 years. Employer B can do that for you. If you successfully move to employer B and get time recaptured or 3 years because of an approved I-140, USCIS will not take away that time because A withdraws the I-140. Your new employer B should file a new PERM for you and a new I-140 and you can use those for additional extensions. And you get to keep the old Priority Date that you got through A.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!