Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

My employer has filed my H1b cap exempt (first time)

Customer Question

My employer has filed my H1b cap exempt (first time) petition, in premium processing. Packet was received by USIS on 20.7.2016. I have not even received any "receipt notice" from USCIS yet? could you please advise me? Thanks. Nitin
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Im a board US certified surgeon, practicing outside US at this moment. My employer has filet my petition under H1b cap exempt category. Please let me know - when can I get my receipt notice if we have applied in premium processing?
Also if after 15 days my lawyer has not received the notice- what is the next step?
Expert:  Taylor replied 2 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help!

Expert:  Taylor replied 2 months ago.

USCIS will issue an approval notice, a denial notice, a notice of intent to deny, a request for evidence or open an investigation for fraud or misrepresentation within the 15 calendar day period, ONCE THEY RECEIVE IT.

If the petition or application requires the submission of additional evidence or a response to a notice of intent to deny, a new 15 calendar day period will begin upon receipt by USCIS of a complete response to the request for evidence or notice of intent to deny.

Expert:  Taylor replied 2 months ago.

since it was received by USCIS on 7/20, that would give them a few more days until the 15 days is up. I would expect that you would receive the receipt notice in the next day or two!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello Taylo,Thanks for the response. But this is a general information which is also given on the USCIS web site. Could you please elaborate why its taking so long for USCIS, even to issue a receipt notice?
Expert:  Taylor replied 2 months ago.

i understand. there could be a few reasons why it would be taking so long, mainly if they needed to acquire additional information. when dealing with the USCIS it is usually difficult to communicate or get a straight answer. in all situations you will get the receipt notice within 15 days so until that 15 days is up, i wouldnt be too worried yet. do you have any further questions?