Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Can I hire two foreign nationals from different countries

Customer Question

Can I hire two foreign nationals from different countries (Belgium and Australia) to help me hold my shamanic healing workshops in Arizona? What type of visa would they need to be paid on a workshop by workshop basis?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are there any forms (visa or tax) have to submit or fill out? Also, CAN I hire them as independent contractors or do I somehow have to make them employees if they only do the workshops like 5-8 times a year?
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I have to tell you that it's going to be very difficult as the U.S. wants you to put U.S. workers to work first, but let's see what is available. Do those jobs traditionally require a bachelor's degree or higher?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Assuming that they do not hold bachelor's degrees or higher and that the jobs do not require bachelor's degrees or higher, there really is only one option, the H-2B visa.

For an H-2B worker visa, it is expensive and difficult to get because you, the employer, would have to go through an expensive process called a Labor Certification where the position is advertised in the local media, you must receive all resumes and eliminate all candidates for valid reasons, not just because you have a job for them. This is to prove that they would not be taking a job away from a U.S. worker. Here is a link:

Also, because they are used up for this year, you will need to apply on April 1, 2017 to start working on October 1, 2017 or later. Here is a link in regards ***** ***** H-2B cap

I am truly sorry. I wish I had better news for you but the options are limited.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Ashley. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Ashley. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.