Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

The reason for my question is because my brother luis he

Customer Question

HI my name is***** and the reason for my question is because my brother jose luis Hernandez he come in to the usa and he did come in thrue the usa border in Tijuana [asilo] date 4/26/2016 and he is been there since . I am a usa citizen but the main question is if I can help him I just married last year and I have made a petition for my wife to be come legal in the country cell is(###) ###-#### or my email is***@******.*** thank you any accessory will be very helpful thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hola Javier: my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help you. Yo hable espanol si prefieres.

If you are a US citizen, the only way you can help him you can submit an I-130 petition for your brother right away. This is a family petition. The cost is $420 and you can find it on . Unfortunately, the problem is that there is a very long wait for a visa to be available for a brother. The wait right now is 13 years unless he is from Mexico, then the wait is 20 years.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.