Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

My wife is Korean (now US citizen) wants to bring over her

Customer Question

My wife is Korean (now US citizen) wants to bring over her younger sister. We live and work in Florida. Not sure what the Korean laws are ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

I can't tell you about the Korean laws either, but I can tell you about U.S. immigration laws. What would you like to know?

Hello Bruce. I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Your spouse can bring her sister by filing an I-130 for her, but it would take about 12 years or so before she could use that I-130 to immigrate. This is because there is a long waiting line of people that have applied before her, not enough visas each year and too many applicants each year. Unfortunately, nothing in the law allows for anyone to jump ahead of anyone else in line, not even in an emergency and right now that line is about 12 years long.

Your sister-in-law could try to come as a student or exchange visitor first before her sister files anything for her. She would have to find a school or program willing to accept her. Here are two links to help you with that:

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Bruce. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Bruce. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.