Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

Question 1. in one of my trips outside the country, I spent

Customer Question

Question 1. in one of my trips outside the country , I spent 6 months and 13 day because I was sick. i have doctors report and I filed my tax that year. Pls advice me on what exactly I should do.
Question 2. I did not file tax in 2011,because I came into this country or I became a lawful permanent resident on September 2011. I also did not get ssn number until November due to mistake on my name on the green card which resulted for reapplying for another green card. I tried to file a tax but tax respresentative I met told me that I should not worry to file a tax since am new in the country and did not work. I want to if this will affect me? I filled tax 2012,2013,2014 and 2015.
Considering That i did not filed tax on 2011 as I explained above, should a question on n400 form part 12 question no 7 A. be a yes or no answer?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

When was the date that you came back into the U.S. from that long trip?

And you had no income in the U.S. during the year of 2011? Or in 2011 you had less than 183 days in the U.S.?