Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I am a petioner for my siblings Visa available last year i

Customer Question

I am a petioner for my siblings Visa available last year i paid the fees on AUG 11,2015, i filled the the form DS-260 i received the confirmation letter,then in june of this year, i received email from NVC stating the case active and i am the agent asking to pay the fee the fees $120 and $325 application fees because i did respond in one year(Which i did and received a letter from them in less than a year Aug 11 2016 will be one year. MY Q: o i have to pay the fee,and Visa Application fee again ,because it was done less than a year ,2nd my brother has on DS-260 his wife and 2 small children,do we have to fill out for each separate application and to pay fee for each including the 2 small chidden,appreciate you help thanks,
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

A separate visa fee and Affidavit of Support fee must be paid for each applicant, that means for the wife and each child.

This must be done within one year of your notice date last August. So you must do this before August 10, 2016 or they may be excluded from coming with your brother.

I suspect that is why you have received the notice letter recetly, it is for the other family members.

You can attach the notice by using the paperclip on your question thread and I can read it to verify.

Of course, I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ms.Judith but i did not fill out their DS-260 so how i pay the fee,does it mean the one i filled for my brother i mean the Visa application (DS-260) include every one in his family and go a head pay each one for the child and his wife now and the same amount of money for child and adult the same,what happened if no done before Aug 13 2016,Thanks again .Sur i will do the best rating you deserve.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
would you kindly answer my following question i sent it .
Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

Your payment for the phone call failed.

You need to follow the instructions from the letter you got last year.

There should be a case number ***** for each of the derivative beneficiaries. The wife and each child should have a case number ***** the letters.

Attach the letters and I will review them.

Yes, you have to complete the DS-260 for your brother since you paid those fees. You should have a fee confirmation notice.

You use that to establish the file to access the DS-260.

Then you also have to pay the fees for each of the other 3 applicants and you will get the fee confirmation number for each of them so their DS-260 can be filed.

That is why you got the notice letter. You have to pay fees and file the DS-260 within one year of the visa becoming available to them.

You have 9 days left to do this.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

Go to this link

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved.html

open all the yellow tabs "AFTER YOUR PETITION IS APPROVED"

read the instructions.

Go to the next column COLLECT AND SUBMIT FORMS" open every tab under that and follow those instructions.

It can take a couple of days after you pay the fees to be able to access the DS-260 so you need to pay those fees TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judith

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i am waiting for Tel.Call from Lawyer Ms.Judith to get .
Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

I cannot call you because your payment for the call failed. I told you that at 2:55pm EST and proceeded to provide you written answers.

You need to contact your credit card company. They may have refused the call thinking it was a fraudulent charge, that happens.

Or you can contact customer service for JustAnswer.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith