Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

My husband called me and my son to live with him in USA. My

Customer Question

My husband called me and my son to live with him in USA. My husband is citizen of US. We have to apply form I-751, 90 days befor expiration date of my "2 year green card", and wait for "10 year green card". The question is "Is my husband have a right to doesn't apply for my green card, and what am I do in that situation?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

You cannot force your husband to sign the joint petition to remove your conditions.

Has he physically abused you?

Do you have any proof of this? Pictures of injuries, police reports, medical reports?

Are you and separated and going to divorce?

When does your conditional card expire?

Judith

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He want to get divorced. But I don't want to get divorced.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He's telling me to find a job, but I can't because I have a language barrier. That's the reason he want to get divorced.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My temporary green card expire in February/ 5 /2017
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He said to me and my son, he's not going to buy product to eat anymore, eat what you can finish in kitchen, and also he gave some injuries pull hair, hit in the head, but that does not prove it is not visible because.
Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

How much of the below evidence of a good faith marriage do you have to prove you married for love and not the green card?

Wedding pictures and pictures of other moments when you and your spouse, and other members of your families and friends have been together.

.pdf Very detailed letters from people who know you and your spouse and who are witnesses that your marriage was valid, who were at your wedding, or who knew you as a married couple.
Love letters or cards that you received from your spouse while in the relationship.
Letters from people addressed to both you and your spouse, or in which the person who wrote the letter refers to both of you as a couple.
Any types of documents that have both your names on them that show that you bought a car, a house, furniture, or anything else together.
Any rental or lease agreements for your home or apartment with both of your names on it or a letter from the building manager or owner proving that you lived together.
Bank or financial statements that show that you had or have a savings or checking account together.
Any insurance documents that show that you were or still are covered by your spouse's insurance plan, or that your plan covers or covered him or her.
Bills, such as electricity, water, heat, cable TV, phone, or others that show both you and your spouse's names.
Jointly-filed Income tax papers (both your names).
An identification card that shows that you use your spouse's last name.
Membership cards for video clubs, grocery stores or similar businesses, that show joint membership.

What is your language barrier? You seem to be able to read and write answers to my questions?

Judith

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have wedding pictures, pictures of other moments with family. Income tax papers.Actually my friend help me and also I use google translator. Thank you for information.
Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

What other proof of a real marriage do you have such as joint accounts, joint lease, etc. I need you or your friend to go through the list and give me a list every proof you have that you have a real marriage. If you cannot give this to me then you will not be able to satisfy USCIS you married for love and not for the immigration green card and they will not approve your waiver of joint filing to remove conditions.

I need details.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

Also may I ask what country you are from and if your husband was born in the US?

Judith

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have certificate of children we have together. I'm from Armenia, and he born in Armenia too but also he became citizen of US.
Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

I need details.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's what I have.
Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

wedding pictures, pictures of other moments with family. Income tax papers and children't birth certificates are al the proof? what about lease, do you drive and own a car tgether? No joint phone of utility bills, no joint bank account?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My phone bills in family membership, which is on his name.