Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

I am an American citizen that is currently separated from

Customer Question

Hello ?
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I am an American citizen that is currently separated from American wife but I do not wish to be with her,,just want to see what is required to marry my new love
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No just u
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Hmmm, her ec husband died in a car wreck about a year sgo
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Is your new love also a U.S. Citizen?

Are you asking for U.S. immigration information or just information about divorce?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No she is thai
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm worried my ex will try to drag out divorce I just want it over so I can move on with my life and my love I have here

Ok. So you need to divorce in order to be able to petition for your new love through U.S. immigration, correct? Did your current spouse get U.S. Residency and later U.S. Citizenship through you? Do you have property and children together? What state do you both currently live in?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If you do not have property or children together, it should be a quick divorce. But of course, if she is going to argue about everything, it may take a few months to get the divorce. Unfortunately, until the divorce is final, you cannot petition for your new love. I wish I had better news for you, but USCIS is very specific about that.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.