Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

After filing immigration petition on VAWA can a woman stay

Customer Question

After filing immigration petition on VAWA can a woman stay in USA till petition is pending with concerned authorities?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Is she also filing the I-485 with the I-360?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no not i485 as it is VAWA self petition.Once petition is accepted are interim orders needed to continue stay in USA.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if allowed can she study in usa or can she get education visa till decision.

She would not be a priority for deportation. Why? Because the U.S. government is short on money at the moment and they just don’t have the money to deport everyone that is deportable from the U.S. Because of that, they are focused on deporting persons that have serious crimes. So as long as she has no crimes in her background, her risk is very low. Here is a link and the most updated one:

Apart from that, even though an I-360 doesn't give actual protection against deportation, it is doubtful that ICE would want to initiate removal proceedings against her.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.