Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Judith, My I290B was denied on July 19th and I received it

Customer Question

For Judith :Hi Judith,My I290B was denied on July 19th and I received it yesterday in the mail stating that "the petitioner must prove by a preponderance of the evidence that the
beneficiary is fully qualified for the benefit sought. See Matter of E-M-,20 I & N Dec. 77 (Comm. 1989)"I'm filing the I 290B again, motion to reopen (i.e. with new evidence)I had a couple of questions while filling this form:Part1Item Number 4. Receipt Number
Should I put my I-485 receipt number or I290B receipt numberPart 3
Item Number 3. Form for which you are filing an Appeal or Motion to Reopen/Reconsider.
Should I select i290b in the drop box menuItem Number 5. Date of Adverse Decision
Should I put July 19th (the day my I290B was denied)or Dec 21st the day my I485 was denied.?Thank you!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

Let me be clear, you are going to file a MTR on a denial of a MTR?

Judith

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that is correct.
Expert:  Judith replied 4 months ago.

I will opt out, I have never read a rule that allows that in the Code. Perhaps another expert has done this.

Judith

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh okay! Hopefully someone does respond. Also, I added an image of the I-290B decision
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Judith, Since I haven't heard back from anyone. Can you please close this thread. I have decided to submit my documents today listing my I290B dates. Thank you!