Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!

To Whom It May Concern; I am on E-1 Visa status since 2003.

Customer Question

To Whom It May Concern;
I am on E-1 Visa status since 2003. My company also has 4 American Citizens working full time with me. I work in US (Florida) full time.
I know that E-1 Visas do not quality for permanent residency status (green card so to speak)
Would you please inform if or under what condition will I be able to apply for Permanent Residency ?
Are there other types of E Visas or Visas available in my case that I can consider?
If there are, I would like to find more detailed information.
Thank you,
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

ANSWER: First, it is important to remember that there are only a few ways one can get a green card. The law does not make everyone eligible for one. So what I am going to tell you is what the law says. I have no control over that.

There are only a few ways one can be eligible for a green card:

- family-based immigration

- employment-based immigration

- DV lottery

- asylum/refugee

- special immigrant (like a religious worker)

- immigrant investor visa ($500,000 or $1 million investment and the creation of at least 10 jobs for US workers)

I am happy to answer any questions about any of those if you have them.

I hope that answers your questions. Please do not forget to give me credit with a positive rating of 3, 4 or 5 stars or any smiling faces. You can still ask more questions even after giving a rating.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.