Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I-129f Visa This case was approved and notification was

Customer Question

i-129f Visa
This case was approved and notification was mailed to the address of record on May 27, 2016.
Once an initial petition has been approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, it is forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC), which is an entity of the State Department. Your petition is in the process of transferring to NVC. The State Department controls visa issuance. Once with the State Department, USCIS no longer has jurisdiction or access to the petition.
what does that mean? where is my case at?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

So USCIS approved your I-129F on May 27th, 2016?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they are suppose to transfer my file to the national visa center within 2-4 weeks according to the approval letter i have received in mail.
this e-mail i received from the USCIS Few days go stating that. Please read below.
Thank you for your inquiry. On July 21, 2016, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-129F to notify us that you believe your case is over normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.What We Have DoneThis case was approved and notification was mailed to the address of record on May 27, 2016.Once an initial petition has been approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, it is forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC), which is an entity of the State Department. Your petition is in the process of transferring to NVC. The State Department controls visa issuance. Once with the State Department, USCIS no longer has jurisdiction or access to the petition.For questions regarding your petition, it is recommended that you contact the State Department regarding your concerns. You can contact the National Visa Center for more information.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what does that e-mail exactly means?
My case been transferred Or still At the USCIS OR?

Well, so that you understand the process, it normally takes around 9 months or so from when you file the I-129F until your fiancée receives the K-1 visa. Once the approved I-129F is sent to the NVC, the NVC will send you a couple of letters asking for fees and documents. The faster you respond to those, the faster the process. I would say generally this phase can take around 1 to 3 months or so. Then when the NVC has a complete file, they will forward that file to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate closest to where your fiancée lives. They will send your fiancée letters and schedule an interview. That process can also take around 1 to 3 months, depending on how busy they are. So again, the entire process can take around 9 months or so, maybe a little more, maybe a little less.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you did not help me,
i already know all this.
My question was about that e-mail i sent you for explanations,
the process time line can be found online and DON'T Have to pay money for that.
this was unhelpful asnwers
i m not satisfied with your answer,
i would like my money back and thanks for your help

My friend, you are not limited to questions. No one here is trying to scam you. Of course you can get a refund, but if my answer didn't satisfy you, just ask me more questions until you are satisfied. Believe me, I want to help you and don't want to waste your time or mine. So let's get to what you asked, "what does that mean? where is my case at?" That's all you asked, so I tried to explain that it means that the case is being transferred to the NVC and it will take a few weeks and they will then send you some letters. So that didn't satisfy you. Understood. What other questions do you have so that you are satisfied?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you telling me that my case has been Already sent out to NVC And no longer at the USCIS BUILDING?
is that correct?

Upon approval by USCIS they send it to the NVC. They state that it takes a few weeks because sometimes there is a delay in sending and sometimes there is a delay in receiving at the NVC and entering into their database. It really depends on how busy each entity is at any given moment. I would say that it is a good bet to say that it is no longer at USCIS and is either in transit to NVC or at the NVC and being entered into their database. Anything more advanced than that and you would have gotten a letter from the NVC. Ask me more questions, please. I want to make sure you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Fair enough,
just for the record, National visa center is no longer sending letter regarding The Approval petitions that been received from the uscis.
Every petitioner must call to find out if his/her case has been received and entered into their database.
About the e-mail they should have been more specific and instead of being transferred they should mentioned. your case has been sent out to the national visa center,
TO ME its sounded that they still processing my case and have not send it yet,

Well, USCIS has finished processing their part. Now they are sending it to the NVC for them to do their part. Hopefully that part will be quick and so will the part at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating (if you have no more questions, that is). Thank you!

Hello Achraf. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello Achraf. Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.