Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am a Naturalized citizen of the USA, born in Canada. Do I

Customer Question

I am a Naturalized citizen of the USA, born in Canada. Do I automatically have dual citizenship? I am thinking of moving back to Canada. What is the process?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Unless you ever formally renounced your Canadian citizen, then become a US citizen did not strip you of Canadian citizenship and you would still be considered a Canadian citizen.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.