Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

My case is with the NVC in USA...I am from Korea and I 't

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: My case is with the NVC in USA...I am from Korea and I don't know if i could get a visa or not
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I am applying for EB3 other
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: i have agent but he is not responding anymore after i paid all
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: he said good luck to me
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

As I explained to you this case is going to be flagged for fraud.

Why would one with a Master degree take a labor job with an employer they have never met and have never had any interaction with.

There are thousands of unemployed US workers who would be capable of doing unskilled labor.

An employer does not have to hire someone from South Korea and go through all the difficulties of sponsorship for some worker they have never met when there are US workers needing jobs. It does not make any sense, UNLESS, the agent you paid $30,000 to pays the employer to file the papers for you.

This is fraud.

You should be worried. You will not get your visa at the interview. The Office of Diplomatic Security is going to investigate whether this employer has filed to sponsor many other employees and they will send an investigator to interview that employer and determine if they accepted any payment for sponsoring foreign workers.

Any one with any sense of logic sees this is a case of fraud. There is no reason for you to take an unskilled job, no reason for the employer to hire someone they have never met, and they will investigate to see exactly how many petitions this employer has filed and will find out from the employer with threat of criminal prosecution who their connection is in South Korea and dig until they find out the truth about being paid.

This was a desperate act you did and the consul are not stupid, they see fraud like this all the time.

I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.