Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am a single parent (no father listed on birth certificate

Customer Question

I am a single parent (no father listed on birth certificate or involved). I am Chinese and I have a 10 year multiple entry visa for work. I would like to get a visa for my daughter (2.5 years old) so she can come with me to the USA for vacation. Please let me know if there will be any issues?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

As long as there is no father listed on the birth certificate, then it should not be an issue to get the visitor's visa as far as parental authorization is concerned. You will need to take a copy of the original birth certificate.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer yesterday but you did not ask any follow up question or leave any feedback. Please let me know any other questions so I can earn your positive rating with the stars.