Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I had a medical marihuana rec which is now expired and I

Customer Question

Hello there!(: I had a medical marihuana rec which is now expired and I wanna travel out of the country. I'm a conditional green card holder. Could this expired rec be and issue and make me inadmissible for reentry? Would this kind of info come up in their screen when they scan my green card on my way back? Thank you so much for your time!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my

name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

What you mean by a "rec"?

You are not charged for answering my questions.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello, thanks for your help and nice to meet you(: I meant a medical marihuana recommendation.

Ah ok, thank you. Unless you have a conviction for illegal marijuana possession or nay other criminal conviction then you are not inadmissible from the US. Simply have the medical marijuana recommendation does not make you inadmissible and should not have cause you any issues to re-enter the US. Only information on criminal convictions and terrorist information appear for CBP officers at the ports of entries.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you so much for your answer! Also, could they be able to see that I used to have the recommendation and send me to second revision for this and question me about it? I do not have any criminal records.

They usually would not be able to see that, no. However keep in mind that although you have no arrests, technically you could be inadmissible for even admitting you have used marijuana even if you had the med recommendation. Another way for them to know is by having anything related to the med marijuana application or card with you so it's better not to have any of those things.

I hope this helps and hope you can leave a positive rating.

Thanks for your consideration.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I see. The recommendation has been expired for a few years now and I got it with my visa, I didn't have a green card at the time. Could they be able to see that kind of information? Is the info and the numbers on my visa matched with my green card?

Hi again.. no, the only information they have access to are actual arrests and convictions, not recommendations or info or numbers on your recommendation. It doesn't matter whether you got it when you were on a visa or on a green card.

I do hope this answers your questions and that I have earned your positive rating. Best of luck!