Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I married my cousin in daytona florida, by a notary, will my

Customer Question

I married my cousin in daytona florida, by a notary, will my state of ohio view it as valid,since the state of ohio doesnt allow first cousin marriages ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If you married in Florida, then Ohio will recognize the marriage under the Full Faith and Credit clause of the US Constitution. That means that if you enter into a contract in one state that is legally binding in that state, it will be recognized in every other state in the US.

.

So since FL allows first cousin marriages, it would be legally recognized in Ohio as a matter of law.

.

.

thanks