Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

My husband and I married in January 2016. I am 36 years

Customer Question

My husband and I married in January 2016. I am 36 years older than him. I knew him 18 months before we married. I visited and met him twice before we married. I have lived with him for two months. Will he be granted a green card?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Is he currently in the U.S.? What was the visa that he used to enter the U.S.?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Assuming that he is in the U.S. and he used a B-2 tourist visa to enter the U.S. or a visa that allows Adjustment of Status, you can file an Adjustment of Status for him. The age difference will be a red-flag, but I have successfully handled cases with close to that amount of difference in age. The trick is to provide a good deal of evidence that the relationship is real. Remember, they may believe that you, the U.S. Citizen, is in love with him, but they may believe that he is only in it for the green card. So much evidence should be from his side as well to show his intentions are legitimate.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions as I will be happy to respond, but because this case is the type of case that I love to handle, I will now send you a low-cost offer so that I can pass on my personal phone number and email. I cannot discuss pricing on an open forum, but if you accept, you will see I have multiple services available to you from document review to full representation and all at very reasonable prices. You won't be disappointed as these are my favorite cases to do and have been doing them for many years. If you decline, no problem, you can ask additional questions without any additional charge. But PLEASE remember to leave a positive rating for me. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. Also, a bonus is always appreciated if you feel I earned it. And finally, your question does NOT close just because you leave a positive rating. I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Linda. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!