Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!

Was wondering if someones wife came from taiwan to USA with

Customer Question

was wondering if someones wife came from taiwan to USA with Visa Waiver and she wants to adjust her status. Husband US citizen they have one 7 and one 2 years old kids together. Husband was working in Taiwan then he got job here and wife came with visa waiver in May. how can she adjust her status and what forms and documents does she need
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. We will talk back and forth until I have all the information I need from you, and you will respond until you have all the information you need. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

Please allow me some time to prepare a response.

Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

ANSWER: The US citizen must file form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and the foreign spouse must file form I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status. Each of these has supporting documents which must be filed with them. They should be filed together, in the same envelope, to the same address, at the Chicago Lockbox.

Note that it should be filed prior to the expiration of the VWP stay.

Here is a link where you can find an excellent list of supporting documents that should be filed with each form:

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Expert:  Expert James replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.