Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

LAWYER My niece Visa (visitor Visa) got approved and she

Customer Question

FOR JENNIFER LAWYERMy niece Visa (visitor Visa) got approved and she will be getting her passport back with visa stamping by 25th july 2016 india time.If she wants to do MBA study in USA which path is safe (without having the Immigration officer thinking that this candidate is applied for visitor visa, now applying for student visa etc) (after having this visitor visa stamped in her passport) :would like to know which is safe in starting her student visa thru devry university :- Is it ok to start the process while she being in india (after getting her passport stamped with visitor visa)
- or after a week of landing in USA with visitor visaWhat would you advice on her student visa application start up process.Please advice me in this.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this is Jennifer and thank you for requesting me.

It is best if she begins this process once she is inside the US. She cannot have the intentions to come to the US as a tourist and to change to student. That can only happen once she is in the US. Remember that she can be questioned about why she is coming and her bags, purse, pockets, electronics, are all subject to search if they are suspicious of her intentions in order to find evidence that she has other intentions. Keep that in mind.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If she applies when she is India, immigration officer will not have doubt saying she got visitor visa granted and student visa applied. And later can e rejected?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If she applies from India befre starting to USA on visitor visa, when should be the right time to start. Once the visa in progress or got approved in student visa?

Yes, they can reject it since she just got a visitor's visa.

I hope that helps.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer yesterday but you did not ask any follow up question or leave any feedback.

Please let me know any other questions or what I can do so I can earn your positive rating with the stars.

Thank you for your consideration of my time.