Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am j, and i illegally joined a dating site in the USA

Customer Question

hi i am j, and i illegally joined a dating site in the USA despite being in africa.i met a woman and we have been talking for a few months we fell in love and i even lied to her a number of times about my picture how i look and where i was from,i lied to her alot about my name and profession and even got money amounting to 8000$.in the end i confessed showed her my real picture and told her i was in africa she still loves me and wants to marry me.now the fear is we are working on a visitors visa and she is sponsoring for me to come to the usa so we can meet and take the next step in our relationship,i am afraid but she says she loves me and doesnt care what happened.what legal guarantees can i obtain from her to make sure its not a setup.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

That it isn't a setup for what? For you to come to the U.S. and be arrested for scamming a U.S. Citizen?