Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I have travelled to the US prior on an R1 nom immigrant visa

Customer Question

I have travelled to the US prior on an R1 nom immigrant visa in 1995- 1999. Now I have a B1/Be. How can I get a immigrant R1
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: No, I'm back home in my native country
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I had BRIEFLY done so last year
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 9 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. We will talk back and forth until I have all the information I need from you, and you will respond until you have all the information you need. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

When you say immigrant R1, do you mean EB-4?