Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience.

Greetings someone I know was denied a visa from their native

Customer Question

Greetings someone I know was denied a visa from their native country, as the result they picture was brought into the us and a us passport application was filled out with someone else info but with their picture they got in but ended up getting arrested and finger print came out in ins data base what's they best chance return back home or fight it?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Note: (1) If you want legal advice, consult with a local attorney before acting or deciding not to act; information given here is for educational purposes only; (2) Most questions are answered within the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and to JA’s other site disclaimers.

ANSWER: This is a serious offense carrying penalties up to 25 years in prison. See this law. Your best chance to fight is to hire a criminal defense lawyer that specializes in immigration fraud defense and maybe he can workout a plea bargain to return home with minimal prison time.