CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I filed chapter7. At the time I was employed. It is

Customer Question

I filed chapter7. At the time I was employed. It is scheduled to be discharged on August 8. I lost my job on May 31, 2016. Should I redo my schedule I and j showing no income for for the time
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

No, there is no need to revise your schedules for a Chapter 7 (the court is concerned with what your income/assets were at the beginning of the case (time of filing), but assuming you "passed" the means test and were able to file a Chapt. 7 instead of a Chapt. 13, there is no need to revise your schedules to reflect your lowered income.

(I am very sorry to learn about your job loss, and I hope you are able to find something else quickly).