Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I would like give little background on situation before I

Customer Question

Hi ,
I would like give little background on situation before I post a Question.
I was working in Big MNC on H-1B Visa and that company applied my Green card and my 7year extension. I hold I-140 approved through them. Due to person reasons I moved to small firm and they transferred my H1-B and I got for 3 years based my I-140 which I have till 2019 May 30th.
MY question - I would like to move to big Firm - Can you please suggest me whether it valid by law or not to move to BIG firm and can bigger Firm transfer my existing H1-B?
Thanks,
Madhuri
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Has the original I-140 been withdrawn?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am planning to move to other Big firm but not the original firm who applied by I-140.

Ok. I do have good news (for a change because most U.S. immigration law is bad news). USCIS will not take away time given. So even if the I-140 gets withdrawn, you can still do a transfer and they would give you until May 30th 2019 for the transfer. If the I-140 is not withdrawn or a new I-140 is filed an approved, you could do a transfer AND a 3 year extension from that point to get even more time. It is permissible to have multiple I-140s at the same time. So if you want to be safe, you should have your new employer file a PERM and I-140 for you as soon as possible as you do not know when your previous employer will withdraw the I-140 or if they will still have a job available for you when the Priority Date becomes current. And yes, you can use the old Priority Date with a new I-140 that a new employer files. You do not lose your place in line.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Madhuri. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.