Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!

Currently in USA on H4 visa. I had h1b petition approved

Customer Question

I am Abhishek. Currently in USA on H4 visa. I had h1b petition approved back in 2013. Before visa get stamped, I left my previous employer hence never traveled to US. That petition is showing in "revoked" status on USCIS website. I would like to check if other employer can file my case in "capexempt" based on previous approval? As I have been through lottery once, can I be cap exempt? What are the chances to get through if new employer file cap exempt with old petition?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Need answer from diffrent attorney please
Expert:  Expert James replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. We will talk back and forth until I have all the information I need from you, and you will respond until you have all the information you need. Once you've received the information you need, you will thank me by giving me a a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

ANSWER: Based on the background information, no, you will not be cap exempt. Why? Because you never actually "activated" the first H1B, so you were never counted toward the cap.

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated, if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and you require additional assistance. However I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to assist you.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers.

I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.