Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert

Actually yesterday I have interviewed at U.S department of

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: actually yesterday I have interviewed at U.S department of state regarding DV visa they told me you are not eligiable to receive visa regarding section 212(a)(5)A
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: im student at united state but I did the interview at Saudi Arabia I born there
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet because they told me there is no hope you should do the lottery again
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: okay
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What was the reason for the denial under Section 212(a)(5)A?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did not include my family members in the application
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sorry for late I was traveling
Thank you for your reply.
Failure to truthfully complete the form is an issue and grounds for USCIS to deny admission. You can be forced to resubmit the form with all the truthful information included and seek to reapply for the visa, but USCIS can deny you for up to 12 months for your failure to fully complete the form on the last application, it is up to your investigating agent.