Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

I would like to help my spouse and her 13 year old son

Customer Question

I would like to help my spouse and her 13 year old son immigrate from China to the US. My wife is legally in the US, but her son is with her parents in China. She also would like to work here and travel abroad at times. Which forms do I need to fill out (I think just I485 and I130) and can I apply for them both at the same time?Thank you
JA: OK. The Immigration Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I would like to adopt the boy, but I think it should be fairly straight forward.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. We will talk back and forth until I have all the information I need from you, and you will respond until you have all the information you need. Once you've received the information you need, you will thank me by giving me a a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

In what status is your wife in the US?

Hi, I’m just checking in with you. Do you still need assistance? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.