Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

How do I get an artist a vista to perform in the USA that is

Customer Question

How do I get an artist a vista to perform in the USA that is currently in Canada. That is a Ethiopia citizen.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 8 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. We will talk back and forth until I have all the information I need from you, and you will respond until you have all the information you need. Once you've received the information you need, you will thank me by giving me a a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

Please allow me some time to review and consider your question.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok thank you very much

My apologies for the slight delay. Is this artist going to only perform here for a short duration on a visit? Or will you be employing the artist and paying him or her for their performances? What is the arrangement?

Hi, I’m just checking in with you. I see you have reviewed my response. Do you still need answers to your questions? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sorry for the delay my service has been horrible. I will be Employing the artist and paying him,I want to be able to do a USA tour with the artists

Right, but will this be for a short term, single visit and tour?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Short term as in 3-4 months
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi, how's it going? If you need an more details please let me know

Hi there,

Is the performance considered culturally unique? Or it is part of an exchange program? Can you describe what this entertainer will be doing, specifically?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
its culturally unique because the artist would be singing in Ethiopian languages. The artist would be performing in various citys across the USA The entertainer will be doing Live Stage Performances, which includes singing and dancing to Traditional Ethiopian Music.

OK, thank you very much.

Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

ANSWER: It sounds to me like this individual would have to apply for a P-3 visa as a culturally unique artist.

Here is information on how to navigate the process: https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/p-3-artist-or-entertainer-part-culturally-unique-program/p-3-artist-or-entertainer-coming-be-part-culturally-unique-program​

I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It there anyway you can help me with all the visas that I have to apply for. I will be glad to pay you for your services.
Hi there,I really hope that you don't forget to rate my customer service. Otherwise I get no credit for doing my job. I'm sure you agree that would not be very fair to me.As to your question, unfortunately I am not allowed to take customers as clients. That is a role of the site, due to liability reasons.I hope I have answered your questions. I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.Once you have received an answer, please leave a positive rating by choosing on the 3, 4 or 5 stars so I get credit for doing my job.A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.
Thank you!
Expert:  Expert James replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.