Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

My second marriage, filed petition spouse and her son in Jan

Customer Question

My second marriage, filed petition for immigration for my spouse and her son in Jan 2014. They came in US on Nov 21, 2015 with a conditional Green card. Marriage is not working and I am ready to go into divorce process. What is the best possible way to get this thing done smoothly without getting them or myself get in trouble.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 3 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a conversation. We will talk back and forth until I have all the information I need from you, and you will respond until you have all the information you need. Once you've received the information you need, you will thank me by giving me a a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

Are you asking how getting a divorce might affect immigration status?

Hi, I’m just checking in with you. I see you have reviewed my response. Do you still need answers to your questions? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.