Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Went immigration interview at the embassy and was given a

Customer Question

Went for an immigration interview at the embassy and was given a refusal sheet -Symbol F11. What does it mean? is my application a complete bust or is there something I should do?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Mr Guillermo Senmartin need not reply.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

It just means your Visa Category: Unmarried Son or Daughter of U.S. Citizen.

No, your application is not a complete bust. You/your relative must do what the rejection letter is telling you to do in order to qualify for visa.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
well, the lady who did the interview is in her sixties, her ailing mother (sponsor), is in her 90s and came back from the US to spend her last days in Lebanon. (she's lived in the US for around 40 years).
The mother has a house in her name in the US, and money in the bank, so does the daughter.
Now is it a prerequisite for the mother to go back to the US so that the daughter can get the visa?
is there another way around this?

Response 1: Yes, unfortunately to show that she is domiciled in the U.S.

is there another way around this?

Response 2: I do not see any way around this. The denial notice specifically gives not meeting domicile requirement as the reason for the denial.