Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Want to get an F1 visa kids from Ghana to live with our

Customer Question

want to get an F1 visa for two kids from Ghana to live with our family and attend private high school in Ohio. We can pay for the schooling and everything else. We have connections in the Ghanian government so visa on that end will not be a problem.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Sure, I understand. Can you please tell me what your exact question is regarding getting the F1 visas.

You are not charged for answering my questions.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My family and I are interested in bringing 2 boys we met on a mission trip in Ghana to Ohio and pay for their high school and college, paying it forward! Cost is not an issue for us. My wife is a physician, and I own and run a significant law firm and other business, we have two boys 11 and 14 years old.. They can live with us. Their families are on board with this.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
would like to hire an attorney to help get F1

That's great! However, on this website all we can do is answer your specific questions regarding an immigration law situation.

You would need to find schools for the children first and make sure they are accepted and accredited schools for the F-1 visa. Here is a list where you look for schools. https://studyinthestates.dhs.gov/school-search

Once they are accepted the school will issue an I-20 to each one and they would use the I-20's to apply for the F-1 in Ghana in the US embassy. It is the US who makes the decision not the government of Ghana.

Is there an specific question that you have regarding the process that I can help you with?