How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 115464
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can an illegal immigrant fly to different states in the U.S.

Customer Question

Can an illegal immigrant fly to different states in the U.S.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: In california anybody can get a Driver's License now?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

According to the TSA and US Department of Homeland Security, the CA AB-60 license MAY be used as identification to fly domestic flights, but TSA does not have to actually accept it. So in order to fly within the US, the alien needs a valid photo ID and TSA has discretion to accept the AB-60 or illegal alien licenses from other states and as such there is no guarantee they will be allowed through security checkpoints with such a license. If they have a valid passport from their country though, they can use that to fly on domestic flights whether or not they are here legally.