Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
10285032

Can an illegal immigrant fly to different states in the U.S.

Customer Question

JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: In california anybody can get a Driver's License now?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

According to the TSA and US Department of Homeland Security, the CA AB-60 license MAY be used as identification to fly domestic flights, but TSA does not have to actually accept it. So in order to fly within the US, the alien needs a valid photo ID and TSA has discretion to accept the AB-60 or illegal alien licenses from other states and as such there is no guarantee they will be allowed through security checkpoints with such a license. If they have a valid passport from their country though, they can use that to fly on domestic flights whether or not they are here legally.