Judith Ludwic
Judith Ludwic, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

I received RFE on my I485 application to prove that our

Customer Question

Hi, I received RFE on my I485 application to prove that our marriage is bona-fide. RFE response was received by USCIS on May 24. My priority date is Nov 2008 which was current in May bulletin. When can I expect to receive response for RFE? And will I be able to get green card since my date was current when I sent the response to RFE?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

Was your priority date current when you filed the I-485? That is what is required for one to be eligible to adjust status, a current priority date when the 485 was filed.

Currently it is taking 3-6 months for USCIS to adjudicate an I-485 after receipt of the response to the RFE.

I am sure you understand your positive rating is very important to me as we are not on salary and that is how we receive compensation, you choosing a smiley face or 3+ stars
In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Judith