Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

My Passport and EAD card was stolen. I am a foreign studnet

Customer Question

My Passport and EAD card was stolen. I am a foreign studnet and I am yet to start work and I have lost the card after travelling overseas. Can I apply online for a replacement EAD card or do I have to be physically presnet in the USA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, I did check with my employers lawyer to ask if i can start work with a Scan copy of teh card that I have.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The employers lawyer told me that a replacement card will take 60 days, but the company can onboard me on the basis of a a reciept of the application for a replacement card. The card was lost in France so the Police report is in French!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am STEM student graduated in June 2016 and and this EAD is part of my OPT. I was to commence work from September. I travelled to france and lost the passport and the EAD.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

At this time you cannot file for EAD replacement online. You can however file by mail. For more information, click here.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Philips. Thank you for your response. I have seen the link. Can I download the form and fill it up and ship it from outside the USA?
Since I lost my passport too, I will need a new passport and fresh Visa to enter the US. Hence if the EAD replacement can go independently it would be ideal.
So the question is can I ship the form overseas or am I supposed to be physically in the USA to apply ?

You can ship the form from overseas.