Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

I register to vote &-voted in the election file now face

Customer Question

I register to vote &-voted in the election file for citizenship now face deportaction soon i guess i have to go back for an interview this month
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I'm a permanent resident since 2010 just divide to file for citizenship not know it's a deportable offense if i answer yes to registering to vote & voted, dumb me
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have clean back ground that why i file I just didn't know I couldn't vote in the beginning when I register in 94
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Please give me more information.. Did you actually register to vote and you voted?

If yes, why did you register to vote if you were not a US citizen?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I didn't understand that only us citizens can voted or i would not have admitted I did, I was young and solicited on the street by would be campaign worker or election workers
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's it for my money you'll hit be joking

That is not it, sir or ma'am. We are working with several other customers at the same time and sometimes it will take some time to reply. Thanks for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Okay so you registered to vote but did you actually vote? Did you already have one interview? If so, what happened?

Also what is your question regarding the situation?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I voted many times. I had to first interview for my citizenship, but when I answer yes to voting that change the who interview that was in my favor.
I was ask to bring a voters history & the original application when I register in to the next interview this month.
Offcourse I now realize they want to see if I said I was a U.S. citizen & how many times i voted.
The truth is didn't fill out the application some else did. My original application was destroyed.My question is should I go in on the second interview with the information they asking for, which is evdince to bury me.

This is a very delicate situation. I cannot tell you what to do, but I would recommend that you do attend any interview and cooperate with any information and documents you have. Unfortunately, there is a chance that you will be put into deportation proceedings depending how USCIS handles your case which no one can know. That will be up to them. If you are put into proceedings you definitely need to get a local immigration attorney to assist you with the case and stop your deportation. The good news is that if you registered unknowingly, you can fight this and hopefully keep your green card.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Please kindly remember to issue a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the ratings. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid.
This question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish..". So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost .

Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

You're very welcome.. Please kindly remember to accept the answer and leave a manual rating. That's the only way we receive credit. Thanks for your consideration.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry I do not understand what you mean by good. If you are trying to leave a rating, you would have to hit "ACCEPT" and then leave a rating by choose from the stars. Otherwise no rating is recorded.